2017年4月24日 星期一

[Future time] Using the simple present to express future time

The simple present can express future time when events are on a definite schedule or timetable.

The most common are arrive, leave, start, begin, end, finish, open, close, be.

definite schedule or timetable.

example

My plane arrives at 7:35 tomorrow evening.
Tom's new job starts next week.
The semester ends in two more weeks.
There is a meeting at ten tomorrow morning.
I am wearing my new suit to the wedding next week.
Iam going to wear my new suit to the wedding next week.
Bob will come soon. When Bob comes, we will see him.
Linda is going to leave soon. Before she leaves, she is going to finish her work.
If it rains tomorrow, I will take my umbrella. (條件句用現在式)

來去動詞可以用 Be V-ing 的方式來表達未來

Mike wants to know when Dad will come home tomorrow.
= Mike wants to know when Dad is going to come home tomorrow.
= Mike wants to know when Dad is coming home tomorrow.

example
I am going to Canada next week.

She is flying to Japan in two days.

They are leaving Taiwan in May

沒有留言:

張貼留言