2017年4月24日 星期一

[Present time] Non-Progressive Verbs (Stative verbs or non-action verbs)


Common Verb That Are Usually Non-Progressives










know
like
dislike
belong
consist of
hear
agree
find
believe
appreciate
fear
possess
contain
sound
disagree
notic
doubt
care about
hate
own


mean
keep
recognize
please
mind

exist
seem
promise
leave
remember
prefer

desire
matter
look likes
amaze

suppose


need

resemble
surprise

understand


want




forget


wish






Some verbs, like think, have both non-progressive meanings and progressive meanings



non-progressive
progessive
look


appear


think


feel


have


see


taste


smell


love


be




example


I think that your cousin is very nice.
think means “believe”
I’m thinking about my trip to Rome.
am thinking means “thought are going around in my mind right now.”


I'm having (享受) a great time.
I see her every day.
I'm seeing her. (交往)
The doctor is seeing the patient.(病人給醫生看)


Example


Page 17
1. Right now I am looking at the board. I see some words on the board.
3. Who is that man? I think that I know him, but I forget his name.
Page 18

沒有留言:

張貼留言